Become a thisdadcan.co.uk contributor
Here's our guidelines
thisdadcan.co.uk/blog is a blogger’s community. Being a community blog, we always encourage upcoming bloggers to contribute an original article related to the topic of our blog, in order to showcase themselves in front of a wide audience.
thisdadcan.co.uk has been online since 2016 and is one of the most popular blogs in the dad “blogging" niches. The purpose here is to help you to reach out to a new audience base, share your talents, and perhaps most importantly, give something back to the community.
Before you join the bloggers who have already contributed to thisdadcan.co.uk, let us lay down some tips and important things for you to consider when submitting your post to ensure that it gets accepted.
How can you become a thisdadcan.co.uk contributor?
To become a regular contributor at thisdadcan.co.uk, here are some tips that will help you to get your article accepted and published:
- Head over to our blog and check out the first few pages to understand what kind of articles we publish here
- Write content that is solely focused on quality and adding value for readers.
- You have to be a blogger or a genuine reader who has something to write and share with the This Dad Can community.
- Do remember to do a search on thisdadcan.co.uk/blog to avoid submitting already published ideas.
A few things to remember before submitting your guest post:
- Article Quality: Articles should be a minimum of 800 words and should cover the topic in detail. Incomplete details are like half-cooked food; no one loves incomplete articles. We take quality as one of the major considerations in accepting guest posts. To ensure your article gets published, write a very original piece which is written specifically for the thisdadcan.co.uk audience.
- Credit: thisdadcan.co.uk respects individual work and if your idea is derivative of someone else’s work, feel free to give them credit. The same goes for images that you use on your post. Please give credit where credit is needed.
- Screenshot + Video: Images speak a thousand words. Add images to convey your message, but don’t add them just for the sake of it.
- If you are a video blogger, you can submit your video to thisdadcan.co.uk’s YouTube channel. Just create a video, drop us an email, and we will tell you how to submit videos.
- Self-promotion: We allow genuine contribution and don’t allow any backlinks or anything of that sort. But you will get a chance to build a brand for yourself by contributing a post to thisdadcan.co.uk.
- Copyright: We respect everyone’s work. In case we find out that you have copied a post from somewhere else, you will get an instant ban and immediate removal of all your blog posts and profile from thisdadcan.co.uk. Also, by submitting a post to thisdadcan.co.uk, you give us copyright ownership of the post. This helps us to deal with any IP related issues.
- Comment: Comments are the conversations about your published article. Answer any queries related to your article via the comments. This will give you more exposure and help out your readers.
- All info is the opinion of posters – it’s not our view. We have an amazing community blog with a huge wealth of helpful info. Yet remember it's open to all, and sometimes messages are posted that are misleading or downright wrong. Most users are helpful but there are always a few bad apples. Don't rely on information being accurate or complete. If you do, it's at your own risk. Please do your own research before acting.
- We can be liable for what you post. When you post something, not only are you liable for what you say, but we can become liable to as the host. So it's not a case of posting what you like, and we can delete posts if needed. Of course, our aim is to ensure legitimate information about being a Dad stays.
- Posting is a privilege, not a right. This is a privately-owned site. Posting is a privilege, not a right. Any inappropriate posts or any issues that take up a disproportionate amount of resources or make it a worse place to be will be stopped at our discretion - with or without explanation.
- Please be nice to all People. That’s the community blog motto. Remember, the prime aim is to help provide info and resources. If you don’t like someone, their situation, their post or feel they’re intruding on ‘your post’ then please bite the bullet and think of the bigger issue. Organisations or individuals who demonstrate they are anti-women/girls and/or advocate removing resources from women/girls will be removed from the community blog. Those who express misogyny, homophobia, transphobia, racism or any other form of bigotry, discrimination or are derogative on the community blog will also be removed.
Contribute your post to thisdadcan.co.uk
If you have read and understood all of the guidelines mentioned above, here is how you can submit the article.
Create and submit your blog post (idea) here.
If your idea is approved, it will be marked as published and visible to the general thisdadcan.co.uk community.
(Note: Unrelated posts or useless submissions will not be entertained.)
We will send you a contributors’ badge for your site and create a backlink for your site to connect to us.
We will expect that if applicable you will be open to post our content on your blog/website.
We will expect you to promote your blog post published by us via your website/blog and your personal and business social media pages.
If your article needs refinement, we will get in touch with you to let you know about changes.
The rules listed above may be changed or amended at any time. These guidelines are here to give you a legitimate expectation of how the community blog runs, but they don't bind us.